Michael Gove: The England Erasing Scot
Michael Gove, referred to yesterday, is the Scotsman in charge of Education in England.
Sunny Hundal has details of a memo leaked yesterday which lists 30 terms Michael Gove wants to ban at the [English] Department for Education.
One of the changes outlined in the memo is this:
|Pre-11th May 2010||Post-11th May 2010|
|"England will be the best place in the world for children to grow up"||"Make Britain the most family-friendly place in Europe"|
Previously the Labour Party (or rather Ed Balls) had decided to replace the word 'England' with the word 'this'. Now the Tories change the word 'England' to the word 'Britain' (and limit their ambitions to being the best in Europe).
Trackback URL for this post:
Michael Gove, for those of you lucky enough to be unfamiliar with him, is the Scotsman in charge of English education. He's the Scot who likes to change the word 'England' to 'Britain'; he's the Scot who likes to bang on about teaching British history in
It's hard to know whether to laugh or cry over this article in the Scotsman.
Baroness Warsi said Scots had "been much better" than the English at finding a core identity around which people could find common ground.
She noted that people from Pakistan w
Michael Gove, the Secretary of State for [English] Education had 'England' erased from the departmental lexicon. Michael Rosindell wants the compulsory teaching of British history in England's schools, while Ian Lucas favours the teaching of Regional His
- Gordon Brown’s unprincipled opposition to an English parliament
- Gordon Brown’s Barnett Formula lies
- The Empire Strikes Back
- Conservative solutions to the English Question
- It is Britishness, not Englishness, that is in the dock
- Best of all worlds for Scotland, worst of all worlds for England
- What manner of federal United Kingdom do UKIP favour?
- Peter Hain vs John Redwood
- Reigniting the Barnett Formula debate
- Yes Campaign take the lead in Scottish Referendum poll