Dear Mr Balls
The DCSF have responded to my FOI request. It turns out that the word 'England' was excised from their mission statement to mirror a statement made by Ed Balls, Secretary of State.
Dear Mr Balls,
The Department for Children, Schools and Families recently changed its mission statement on its website from (my emphasis):
"The purpose of the Department for Children, Schools and Families is to make England the best place in the world for children and young people to grow up."
"The purpose of the Department for Children, Schools and Families is to make this the best place in the world for children and young people to grow up."
The word 'England' was changed to the word 'this' to match the Department's overall purpose set out in the Children's Plan, published in December 2007. In that document the you made clear that 'our aim is to make this the best place in the world for our children and young people to grow up.'
I have a couple of questions: When you say 'this', which territory are you referring to, and; Was it your intention to have the word England airbrushed from the Department's mission statement?
Trackback URL for this post:
I recently received an email from James Doherty at the Dept for Children, Schools and Families who categorically denied that the word 'England' had not been airbrushed from the departmental mission statement, as I had suggested.
This is what Mr Doherty t
Michael Gove, referred to yesterday, is the Scotsman in charge of Education in England.
Sunny Hundal has details of a memo leaked yesterday which lists 30 terms Michael Gove wants to ban at the [English] Department for Education.
One of the changes o
- Launch of the Blueprint for ‘Scotland’s Future’: A Red-Letter Day for England?
- Time for a festival of Englishness
- Peter Black AM facing two ways at once
- Jacob Rees-Mogg: England without Scotland would be a small, shrunken, shrivelled place
- Can Ed Miliband Speak for England
- Nick Clegg’s Geopolitical Fruit Kebab
- One Year to Go
- Scottish Lib Dem MPs are of a high calibre says Clegg
- Congratulations to the UK and Scotland
- The Rise of the Little Englander