Dinosaur Provincial Park
As a kid I was mad about dinosaurs. Most of my spare time during the summer holidays was spent agitating for a trip to the Natural History Museum in London to see the dinosaur and fossil exhibits, and to spend my pocket money on the dinosaur figures in the gift shop.
With this in mind you can imagine my delight when Mrs Toque offered to take me on a road trip to Drumheller and Dinosaur Provincial Park: The Alberta Badlands - the dinotastic centre of the known universe.
Highlights of this slideshow include the crazy landscape of Dinosaur Provincial Park, Big Things (the Stettler Canada Goose, a giant cactus, the world's largest dinosaur - 4x bigger then a real Tyrannosaurus Rex), Mrs Toque's Oilers tattoo, and some daft photos of the exhibits inside the Tyrell Museum.
|Coming soon: A visit to a perogy factory in Edmonton!|
- Charles Kennedy accuses the Conservatives of stoking up English nationalism
- Ed Miliband may not be as daft as Sturgeon thinks
- Prediction: The slumbering lion of English nationalism will finally roar
- Do the Scots oppose an English national holiday?
- The Tories’ English manifesto is to be welcomed
- Might Ed Miliband soon change his tune?
- The 2015 UKIP Manifesto still too British
- If a Constitutional Convention is right for the Union why is it not right for England?