Dinosaur Provincial Park
As a kid I was mad about dinosaurs. Most of my spare time during the summer holidays was spent agitating for a trip to the Natural History Museum in London to see the dinosaur and fossil exhibits, and to spend my pocket money on the dinosaur figures in the gift shop.
With this in mind you can imagine my delight when Mrs Toque offered to take me on a road trip to Drumheller and Dinosaur Provincial Park: The Alberta Badlands - the dinotastic centre of the known universe.
Highlights of this slideshow include the crazy landscape of Dinosaur Provincial Park, Big Things (the Stettler Canada Goose, a giant cactus, the world's largest dinosaur - 4x bigger then a real Tyrannosaurus Rex), Mrs Toque's Oilers tattoo, and some daft photos of the exhibits inside the Tyrell Museum.
|Coming soon: A visit to a perogy factory in Edmonton!|
- Launch of the Blueprint for ‘Scotland’s Future’: A Red-Letter Day for England?
- Time for a festival of Englishness
- Peter Black AM facing two ways at once
- Jacob Rees-Mogg: England without Scotland would be a small, shrunken, shrivelled place
- Can Ed Miliband Speak for England
- Nick Clegg’s Geopolitical Fruit Kebab
- One Year to Go
- Scottish Lib Dem MPs are of a high calibre says Clegg
- Congratulations to the UK and Scotland
- The Rise of the Little Englander